The Family History of James A Garfield | James Garfield Genealogy
James Abram Garfield was our second President to be assassinated and was the last of seven Presidents to be born in a log cabin. James A. Garfield was born on November 19, 1831 in Orange, Ohio.
His parents were Abram Garfield and Eliza Ballou. James A. Garfield was descended from John Billingham, a Mayflower passenger. He also shares a common descent from John Warren with presidents George Herbert Walker Bush and George W. Bush.
Courtesy of the The Dowling Family Tree
Married 11 November 1853, Hiram, Portage Co., OH, to Lucretia Rudolph, First Lady , born 19 April 1832 – Garrettsville, Portage Co., OH, Deceased 14 March 1918 – Pasadena, Los Angeles Co., CA age at death: 85 years old (Parents : Zebulon Rudolph & Arabella Greene Mason) with
- Eliza Arabella Garfield 1860-1863 relationship with ? ?
- Harry Augustus Garfield 1863-1942 married 14 June 1888 to Belle Hartford Mason 1864-1944 with
- James Garfield 1889- married in 1923 to Edith Townsend 1899- with :
- Mason Garfield 1892-1945 married in 1916 to Harriet Winchester Pew 1894- with :
Mason Garfield 1892-1945 married to Alva Scott
- Lucretia Garfield 1894- married in 1925 to John Preston Comer 1888- with :
- Stanton Garfield, Dr. 1895- married in 1923 to Lucy Hodges 1900- with :
- James Rudolph Garfield 1865-1950 married 30 December 1890 to Helen Newell 1866-1930 with
- John Newell Garfield 1892-1931 married 27 June 1916, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH, to Janet Sutherland Dodge 1889-1959 with :
- James Abram Garfield 1894- married to Edwina Glenn 1895- with :
James Abram Garfield 1894- married to Marney Maxwell
- Newell Garfield 1895- married in 1922 to Mary Louise Wyatt 1899- with :
- Rudolph Hills Garfield 1899-1946 married in 1925 to Eleanor Borton 1899- with :
- Mary Garfield 1867- married 14 June 1988 to Joseph Stanley-Brown 1858-1941 with
- Irvin Mcdowell Garfield 1870-1949 married 16 October 1906 to Susan Emmons 1878- with
- Abram Garfield 1872- married 14 October 1897 to Sarah Granger Williams 1873-1945 with
Abram Garfield 1872- married 12 April 1947 to Helen Grannis Mathews
- Edward Garfield 1874-1876 married to ? ?